Tally of Family Stats
1) Do you live with both your parents?
Yes – 44
No – 56
It is clear from these results that less people live with both their parents than those who do, however, it is not as different as I had first expected.
2) Do you have one or more siblings?
Yes - 84
No – 16
Many more people have siblings than those who don’t, this was unexpected as I had thought they would be about equal but this may be just because I am an only child and had never really thought about it before.
3) If you do not live with both your parents, which parent do you live with? If either?
Mum - 46
Dad – 10
Grandparent - 1
Both – 41
Alone – 2
The most common housing situation is for children to live with their mother, even more popular than living with both parents. I would have thought that mothers and fathers would be equal in the tally of custody due to all the recent changes in laws and campaigns concerning equal rights for fathers, however this is clearly not the case.
4) Are your parents married/divorced/never married?
Married - 41
Divorced - 37
Never Married – 18
Widowed – 4
More people’s parents are married than divorced, which doesn’t correlate with my figures about living situations. However, this is possibly due to separation but not actual divorce as many of the people I asked did state this in their answers.
Wednesday, 7 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment